Friday 14 March 2014

UPPERCASE Magazine Surface Pattern Design Guide

I am a big fan of UPPERCASE, a quarterly Canadian magazine published, edited and designed by Janine Vangool. If you've not heard of it, it's a really beautifully designed publication full of inspiring design content. Each new issue I get is a real treat I read cover to cover, can you tell how much I like it yet? ;-)

So, when I saw that Janine Vangool was doing a callout for submissions for a Surface Pattern Design Guide which will be included in the upcoming Issue 21 of UPPERCASE I had to send some of my designs in. I was thrilled to get an email from Janine last week telling me my work had been selected for inclusion in the guide. I just know it's going to look amazing, here's a peek at the covers...

The UPPERCASE cover, illustrated by Molly Hatch, and the Surface pattern Design Guide cover,
illustrated by Jan Avellana
And here's a little video describing what will be included in the guide, which will also be distributed at Surtex this May, and Janine's top tips on how to stand out in the world of Surface Pattern Design.


Issue 21 will be out in April, you can subscribe here with the discount code 'USPDG2014 for an extra $15 off, and it's also available from these stockists.

I can't wait to get my copy, and to share which of my designs were selected. Thanks Janine!

No comments:

Post a Comment